My name is Cathy Hamilton and I have always had an interest in natural medicine for my own health and that of my family.
I stumbled upon Reflexology while attending short interest courses at The College of Natural Medicine in Christchurch and I was amazed by how relaxed yet energised I felt after a treatment. After doing some research into the principal behind reflexology – (that it has been used in some form or another by most cultures for many thousands of years) I decided to study a 2 year diploma qualifying mid 2010.
Working from home allows me time to indulge in my other passion of cooking healthy, nutritious meals for my family. I also enjoy getting outside to exercise everyday, either walking or on my bike. I’m a keen gardener and also enjoy dabbling in art and reading, especially keeping up to date on the latest health trends etc.
I love the way Reflexology works on many levels, not only physical but also emotional and I enjoy seeing my clients relax and report back many benefits.
I have lived and travelled throughout Asia and experienced many different styles of Reflexology, enlightening my own practice to include the Chinese Meridians Philosophy. Looking at a person as a whole and not just a symptom, helps to make an individual treatment plan, working together on a journey to wellbeing and peace.
While living in Sydney I worked in a Natural Health practice along with a Chiropractor; Massage Therapist; Acupuncturist; Naturopath and Counsellors. I also volunteered at a Dialysis Clinic
treating patients with reflexology while they were having kidney dialysis. I feel privileged to have joined many people on their journey to health and wellbeing while also providing a positive support for those nearing life’s end.
Many pregnant clients have enjoyed regular treatments with me. I use the Gentle Birth Method approach using visualisation of the perfect outcome on birthing day. I have also performed many ‘priming for Labour’ techniques using acupressure points to induce labour in full term mums. It is truly a joy to be involved during this very special time in a women’s life.
My wish is for Reflexology to be more accepted mainstream medicine. Working alongside as a complementary therapy to Western medicine as it is in many Asian countries.
- Diploma of Reflexology and Relaxation Massage (Canterbury College of Natural Medicine 2010)
- Facial Reflexology I, II, III & IV – Lone Sorensen
- Japanese Cosmo Facelifting – Lone Sorensen
- Hormonal Dysfunction Workshop – Lone Sorensen
- Chi Reflexology Workshop – Moss Arnold
- Pregnancy Loss & Infertility workshop – Lyndall Mollart
- Cranio Sacral Therapy I & II – Upledger Institute
- Reflexology for the treatment of Pain – Mauricio Kruchik
- Analysing personality patterns through the feet – Mauricio Kruchik
- RLD Reflexology Lymphatic drainage – Sally Kay
- Advanced Foot Reading workshop – Sam Belyea
- Professional Member of Reflexology NZ
- Committee member for Southern Reflexology Group